Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pending Permissions, Thinking ....

I believe that we need our expletives, thinking of doing my Master's thesis on this. These taboo words add emphasis and sometimes clarity. All languages have their own juju, their own la caca en la lecha, etc. I am not trying to offend anyone's sensitivities, or to bring down imaginary curses, I'm trying to SPEAK! Our recent distaste of certain words to the point of censorship is almost Orwellian, especially when refusal to post honest and meaningful material is brought about by such a large-scale entity as .... everybody. I signed up for freedom of speech, protected for a good reason, and I see this petty behavior towards certain words as the beginning of a "slippery slope." What will be cut out of the real world and real emotional responses or human proclivities of speech next? I wasn't speaking against some powerful political figure, but what if I was? Would that post also be withheld from view, "PENDING PERMISSIONS?" This one probably will be, too. What's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment